Before you come to class, you may be wondering how prenatal yoga can benefit you during your pregnancy. Practicing yoga during your pregnancy has numerous benefits, including:
- Can increase strength and flexibility, especially in the lower back and pelvic region, which can reduce pain in these areas.
- Helps develop relaxation, mindfulness, and breathing techniques useful during labor and birth.
- Specific breathing techniques can help manage shortness of breath during pregnancy
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Regular yoga practice has been found to lower blood pressure, which is very helpful, especially during pregnancy.
- Increase circulation, reducing fluid retention and related discomfort.
You also get to meet other expectant moms and reach out for support when you need it.
Resources to read more: